Light Style© by Fisana

Wolfie's Whine's uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo
- - - - -

Oxford University Scientists Hunt For The Yeti

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NiftyWolfie

NiftyWolfie

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:11 am

Scientists at Oxford University are renewing the hunt for one of the world's most elusive creatures - the Yeti.
Individuals and institutions with are being encouraged to submit samples of hair and teeth from "cryptids" - animals that are unknown to the scientific world, such as the Yeti.

Clinky Link to Article

#2 AKA

AKA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:40 pm

I believe an american guy josh gates recently ( according to sci fi channel at least so anything between say 1-3 years ) was doing a cult program investigation into yeti and his team came across a footprint which revived the Bigfoot and Yeti searches for a bit , could be related :) as is one of the only times he seems to have come up with much that has not been easily dismissed by scientific community within hours so they do love to repeat that one a lot

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Josh_Gates http://www.syfy.com/...de/201/the_yeti

im naturally sceptical about almost anything done for tv though especially cult tv so find it hard to make my mind up either way , have always loved the idea of the yet and bigfoot though although part of me thinks its maybe a rather large hairy hungarian missionary who got lost once and lives in a cave .. or maybe just a less tropical version of the silverback .... really i just want it to be harry from harry and the hendersons though :)

#3 NiftyWolfie

NiftyWolfie

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:13 am

I'm deff of the impression its a type of ape that's adopted to a different climate. I was watching a collection of videos today and one of them showed a picture of gorillas in a mountain valley, out of the seven there I spotted none of them, so if an ape can hide that well I believe bigfoot should be even better at it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users