Light Style© by Fisana

Wolfie's Whine's uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo
- - - - -

Ball Lightning 'may Explain Ufos'

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NiftyWolfie

NiftyWolfie

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:53 pm

Some UFO sightings could be explained by ball lightning and other atmospheric phenomena, claims Australian astrophysicist Stephen Hughes.
The scientist has made a detailed study of an unusual event in 2006 when large meteors were observed over Brisbane.
Their appearance occurred at the same time as a brilliant green object was seen to roll over nearby mountains.
Dr Hughes has put forward a theory linking the object - presumed to be ball lighting - to the fireballs.
His idea is that one of the fireballs may have momentarily triggered an electrical connection between the upper atmosphere and the ground, providing energy for the ball lightning to appear above the hills.

Full Article Link from 1/12/2010

Its a very interesting read, well worth a look. I do believe after watching a few programs on the subject that at least some of the UFO stories could be explained by this

#2 EllieSword

EllieSword

WorkPerson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:46 pm

Going to throw an odd one into the pot. all these mobile network problems that are occuring, maybe an alien slowly cutting our communication services, take em out drip by drip because we are expecting it all to go at once?? OK so I`m insane but,................

#3 NiftyWolfie

NiftyWolfie

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:49 pm

no not insane, they could be doing something like that, which is why it would be a good idea for most people to get a cb/HAM radio setup in there house for an emergency

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users